What is a Turkey e-Visa for Pakistani Citizens?
The new Turkey e-Visa system was introduced in April 2013 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey in order to make the process of application easier.
Pakistani ordinary passport holders who have a valid Schengen, USA, UK, or Ireland visa (or residence permit) don’t need to visit the embassy or consulate to obtain the single-entry e-Visa.
They just need to grab their electronic device with an internet connection, visit our website, fill in the application form, attach the necessary documents, and wait for the confirmation. Then, they can receive their e-Visa via email in PDF form.
What is more, when it comes to the online visa, they can get a single-entry visa for 30 days that is valid for 6 months.
In case you are not eligible for an electronic visa or want to stay more days in Turkey, you need to apply at the embassy or consulate.
Types of Turkey Visas
Pakistan citizens can get the following Turkey visa types:
- Tourist Visa: This Turkey visa is designed for travelers who want to visit Turkey for leisure, sightseeing, or visiting friends/family. You can get it in an e-Visa form.
- Working Visa: As the name suggests, a working Turkey visa is a document that enables you to work in Turkey. You need to apply at the nearest embassy for this visa.
- Assigned Journalists Visa: You can obtain a visa annotated for the press in case you were appointed to a permanent office in Turkey. For temporary visits, it is better to get a tourist e-Visa.
- Transportation Visa: It is possible to get this multiple-entry visa valid for one year if you submit all the required documents and meet all conditions.
Turkey Visa Requirements for e-Visa
The easiest way to enter Turkey is to obtain an e-Visa. To do so, you should meet all requirements:
- You need to travel for tourism or business-related purposes.
- You must have a passport that is valid for at least 3 months.
- You need to have valid means of payment, a copy of a residence permit, a return ticket, proof of accommodation, and a face photo.
- You should have an email and electronic device with an internet connection.
You may be asked to attach additional documents.
The Validity Period of Turkey e-Visa
Turkey visa online is valid for 6 months and you can stay 30 days in the country with it.
It is not possible to extend this Turkey visa or overstay. Be careful because if you do this, you may face some serious consequences.
The Online Application process for an Electronic Visa
The Turkey visa application process is very simple and intuitive. You just need to follow these simple steps:
- Check all requirements and gather necessary documents.
- Visit the website and click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Fill out the Turkey visa application form. Provide information about yourself and your travel such as name, surname, date of birth, email, etc. Check the information twice to avoid mistakes that can lead to delays or rejection.
- Attach necessary documents.
- Cover the fee.
- Wait for the confirmation and email with e-Visa in PDF form.
You don’t need to have a transit visa if you don’t plan to leave the transit zone at the airport during waiting for a connecting flight.
You should remember about the passport which should be valid for at least 3 months. In case you do want to leave the transit zone, you must have a visa to stay Turkey.
What is the processing time for an e-Visa to Turkey?
The processing time may differ as it depends on many factors like the accuracy of the provided information or the submission day (applying on a non-working day may result in delay). Usually, the process is very fast and smooth.
Important Information about Turkish Visa online
- Before the Turkey tourist visa application process, check all the conditions and necessary documents.
- Apply earlier to avoid some inconveniences such as delays.
- You need to print your e-Visa and have a valid passport as these two documents will be checked at the border by the proper authorities.
- All interested people need to apply separately for a visa including children.
- Those who remain in the transit zone during transiting through Turkey don’t need to have a visa.
- With an e-Visa, you can’t participate in work activities. You need a work permit to do so.
- It is not possible to overstay or extend an online visa.